Friday, January 18, 2013

New Year New..eh, Screw it.


Well, my frogs and froglets, it’s been too long.  I am afraid chaos has flodded my life, and my only boat is a banal and bathetic craft. It has kept me down as much as it has kept me  Plus, I am dating someone, which means any free time or money automatically becomes hers via some mystical mathematical equation I do not yet understand. 
Last time we spoke I was unemployed. I had all the time in the world, and let it sputter out like a leak in an oil pan.  Drip-drip-drip. 

Now I have less time each day, to the tune of 12 hours. I play “I Have No Idea What I Am Doing” Dog at my company. It’s true! I have only the foggiest notion of what I am supposed to do. My recently hired coworkers fair little better, in all honesty.  Thank fully I work a less busy shift, so I can do a trick some wise man once taught me.

This is an update. If I can maintain some steam, I’ll post regularly. If not, well, then bork the pie and toss nickels at a clown.

So what’s new:
I got a job. This allows a greater income, but it also caused me to realize how much time I wasted while unemployed. Seriously – I have 12 hours less a day now. Perhaps it is the fight that makes it easier to do what needs be done. I dunno, but I feel like my gains are better.
The advantages of my job are that I have plenty of free time (thanks to my schedule) and there’s a gym on campus. So rather than stuff my piehole, I exercise at lunch. It’s helping.

I still hate working for someone else.  I just hate it less here. Too bad it’s a contract.

I got a girlfriend (yay!), but she lives in Madison. That means I am hemorrhaging money like a gold question mark block  rick in Super Mario.  *Ding* there’t goes… *Ding-ding*.
But she’s awesome (for the most part – CAREFUL ICARUS), so I don't mind.

I’ve started drawing again, settling that that is the skill I wish to study for my “grad degree”. Seriously, it’s taking about as long as getting a Ph.d. now.  So much for self-direction!

Other than that, I’m just trying to keep it easy. I found a need way to track what I do called “Life RPG”. However, it takes more work to write what I need to do rather than just do it. So I suppose it’s “working.”

Just a quick update, my Frogs and Froglets. Stay frosty, and  keep your stick on the ice.

*Ding*

No comments:

Post a Comment