Monday, May 30, 2011

More info

This abstract discusses how macro-nutrients affect insulin secretion in people with type II diabetes. Basically, carbs cause a very large secretion, proteins a smaller secretion, and fats none at all unless paired with carbohydrates.

It doesn't include things like dairy, which have a low GI, but cause a lot of insulin secretion.

What this means is I can eat nothing. :(

I am kidding of course. It just means that, in general, I can't eat a lot of carbs (duh).

But I have to replace those calories somehow.

Suddenly, a poll!

3 comments:

  1. Other - No diet! Not to be a douche, but dieting simply doesn't work. Adjusting the way you eat on your own terms would be best. Find a pattern that works for you. Organization can really help - like making your own meal plans in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean diet as in "A lifestyle of eating" as opposed to "less eating."

    If I eat what i want I will gain approximately 5-6 lbs a week and die in a year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Greek origins of the word "diet" do in-fact refer to lifestyle. What you put in to your body day-to-day as well as how you exercise and how you sleep are all part of diet. That said, I believe in a slow carb diet, lots of fiber. As one MD says, "It's fat or fart." Them's your choices, and the choice most resembling the diet of our ancestors is best. You graze on fibers, nuts and berries, and supplement with meat.

    ReplyDelete